Description of the project
A.A.C.cessible Culture is working to enhance the existing AAC strategies with a new model to help children and young people with communication deficits enjoy and participate in cultural and artistic heritage.
The main objectives are to make cultural and artistic works accessible for everyone, to implement AAC models in the museum sector, and to improve professional skills.
Target groups of this project:
- Students with SEN and their families.
- Teachers, in particular, support teachers, and educators.
- Cultural institutions.
- Cultural operators and educators.
Since communication is a reciprocal process that requires at least two subjects, the AAC interventions address not only students with serious communication difficulties but also their fundamental communication partners: schoolmates and teachers, educators, family.
The project team seek to build an AAC model expressly dedicated to allowing the use of cultural and artistic heritage, even to students with communication deficits, in order to favour their development and autonomy, enhance the emotional, relational, and cultural dimensions that art and culture, in general, provides.
- AAC TOOLS: The creation of original communication codes and tools in AAC help you to communicate and teach cultural heritage in any artistic or museum forms.
- HANDBOOK FOR TEACHERS: This handbook is an operations guide to organize the participation of students with SEN in activities and to enhance their results in educational pathways. There are on-site and virtual cultural paths, digitized to guarantee even remote usage.
- GUIDELINES FOR THE CULTURAL SECTOR: These guidelines are an innovative skill profile to facilitate the participation of people with SEN. It is a reference tool to introduce the AAC system and to implement standard visit routes.
SOLIDARIETÀ E LAVORO SOCIETÀ COOPERATIVA SOCIALE O.N.L.U.S http://www.solidarietaelavoro.it/ – Italy
COMPLEXUL MUZEAL NATIONAL MOLDOVA IASI – Romania
UOVONERO – http://www.uovonero.com/ – Italy
PLATON M.E.P.E – http://www.platon.edu.gr – Greece
DOMSPAIN – https://domspain.es/ – Spain
SZCZECINSKA SZKOLA WYZSZA COLLEGIUM BALTICUM – Poland
APEL – ASSOCIAÇÃO PROMOTORA DO ENSINO LIVRE – http://www.escola-apel.com/ – Portugal